Have you recently had a tattoo? Do you want to get tattooed soon? Don’t do this if you love your tattoo
The tattoo aftercare steps are very simple. It is enough to apply adequate daily hygiene, keep it well hydrated and be patient so that in a few days your tattoo will be perfect. In our 10 tips to take care of your new tattoo you will find all the details you need to ensure that this process is completed successfully.
5 Things you can’t do with a new tattoo 2023
In this post we are going to focus on analyzing those myths, bad advice and ideas that run from mouth to mouth but that you should not do if you want your tattoo to heal correctly. Here we tell you the 5 things you can’t do with a new tattoo. Take note to heal your tattoo!
Don’t do this if you love your new tattoo
These steps are very important to follow if you want to heal your tattoo well. There are 5 basic tips for things that cannot be done, but there are also others that, due to their own reasoning, we do not write here for you. Just as these tips can help you heal properly, it is also important to apply good quality tattoo aftercare products to the skin. Below you can find the products that we recommend.
Use homemade products
Olive oil, light almond oil or aloe vera leaves are natural products to which healing, moisturizing and regenerating properties of the skin are attributed. We do not question this at all, but from Tattoo Shops Near Me we recommend use a tattoo balm and don’t use any type of “homemade product” to heal your tattoo and obtain a good healing, since the effects they have on a tattoo are not scientifically tested and some of them can be harmful. For example, aloe vera leaves have a jelly-like texture that leaves residue on the skin, and almond oil causes spots to appear in the sun. On our website we wrote an article with the best tattoo aftercare creams.
Mad Rabbit Tattoo Balm & Aftercare Cream: Tattoo Lotion for Color Enhancement – Brightener & Moisturizing Ointment
- ENHANCE & MAINTAIN YOUR INK – Your tattoos represent a significant investment of time, money, and body real-estate. Make them look their best, while taking care of your skin. Eye-popping vibrancy from the first use.
- FOR NEW OR EXISTING TATTOOS – Enhanced depth, clarity, and contrast for all your body art. Keeps your tats healthy while also preventing ink discoloration. Maintains and restores the vibrancy you remember, now and for years to come.
- NATURAL ORGANIC INGREDIENTS – Inked Magazine’s preferred tattoo aftercare brand, our tattoo balm is made from only seven all-natural, vegan, cruelty-free ingredients that will soothe, protect and moisturize. No harsh ingredients, parabens or sulfates, ever!
- GREAT FOR SENSITIVE SKIN – Whether you have sensitive skin, or you’ve had a tattoo applied to a sensitive area of the body, trust Mad Rabbit.
- WORKS ON ALL SKIN COLORS AND INK COLORS – Great for bright colored art or monochrome blacks and blues. The perfect solution, no matter how much melanin you’ve got!
Scratch off your tattoo
The post-process of a tattoo will go through a phase in which you will notice itching in the area. This is completely normal and is because the skin that has been damaged and the area is regenerating and the hair that was shaved is coming out. Don’t forget that, no matter how much you wash your hands, your nails accumulate a lot of bacteria that, if you can’t avoid the temptation to scratch, can come into contact with the tattoo and infect it.
Apply some aesthetic methods
Waxing and exfoliation are two absolutely contraindicated techniques for a fresh tattoo to heal properly. Peels are very useful for removing dead skin cells but the abrasive particles they contain can scratch sensitive tattoo skin and infect it. It is advisable to avoid it until it is completely healed. As for hair removal, depending on the method you use you will have to wait more or less. The blade and depilatory cream can be used one month after tattooing; laser, wax and electric razor, between 8 and 12 weeks.
Go to the beach, pool and sunbathe
The chlorine in the pool and the salt in the sea irritate the skin a lot and after a tattoo you already have enough with the erosion caused by the needles on it. As for the sun, you should avoid it by all means the first two weeks after getting a tattoo. After this time, always apply a generous layer of maximum protection sunscreen 20 to 30 minutes before exposure. Here we leave you this special sun cream for tattoo care:
Tattoo Care Sunscreen: SPF 30+ Ointment for Tattoo Sun Protection, UVA/UVB Sun Rays Protection, Deeply Moisturizes and Protects Ink Against Fading
- TATTOO SUN PROTECTION – Made especially for inked skin. Sunscreen ointment with 30+ SPF and Broad-Spectrum UVA/UVB light protection. Deeply moisturizes and nourishes skin. Prevents tattoo colors from fading and cracking.
- BENEFITS/FACTS – Easy to apply, leaves no white cast, soaked in quickly. Ideal for outdoor activities, tanning beds or as microblading aftercare. Made to resist wear off. Water and sweat resistant. Super deep skin moisturizing effect. Will make colors more vibrant. Light Coconut scent, which to us, smells like careless summer day.
- WITH SCIENCE AGAINST TATTOO FADING – Our sunscreen lotion offers double layer of protection. It has active sun filter that will protect skin outer layer. While also penetrating deeper into the layer where your tattoo is. There it will hydrate your skin from the inside + protect your ink against drying and cracking. That’s the most important factor that makes tattoo colors fade!
- NATURAL AND SAFE – Made from the finest natural ingredients, proven to benefit your skin. Active specialist ingredients include Calendula, Jojoba, Bisabolol, Allantoin, Cocoa butter with added Vitamin E. Dermatologically tested for safety. Suitable for every skin type and tone. Paraben free!
Intense physical activity causes us to sweat and sweat causes the body to release a lot of waste substances out through our pores, which could infect the tattoo. That is why it is recommended not to do sports or physical exercise that makes you sweat for at least two weeks.
Do you already know everything you need to properly cure your tattoo? Then you are ready to get a tattoo!
Tattoo aftercare products
Here are some other tattoo aftercare products that you can use once you leave the tattoo shop. Remember, here we show you the things that cannot be done if you want to heal your tattoo well.
Tattoo Goo Aftercare Kit: Includes Antimicrobial Soap, Balm, and Lotion, Tattoo Care for Color Enhancement + Quick Healing
The new Tattoo Goo Professional aftercare kit Kit includes everything you will need to care for new ink properly, help it heal quickly, and keep colors bright (reducing the need for expensive touch-ups). plus, you can’t beat the savings when you buy the full aftercare suite together. New formula Tattoo Goo soap
- Maintain Vibrant Color and Glow with this 3 piece Tattoo Care Kit.
- This set includes:
- Tattoo Goo Antimicrobial Soap: Get broad-spectrum antimicrobial and antibacterial protection in a gentle, pH balanced formula
- Tattoo Goo Balm: Provides a protective barrier that aids in healing
- Tattoo Goo Lotion With Healix Gold + Panthenol: This light lotion prevents scabbing and speeds the healing process
Tattoo Salve: Tattoo Aftercare, Tattoo Balm, Tattoo Healing Ointment, Tattoo Cream, Tattoo Moisturizer
Reduce recovery time, moisturize, and soothe itch on new ink. We also love it to brighten older tattoos. We invite you to read our ingredients and learn our process to understand why Tattoo Salve is so effective and wildly popular! A 100% natural, smooth tattoo aftercare ointment that has earned the trust of both tattoo lovers and artists alike.
- Ora’s trusted tattoo aftercare and itch relief is made with our base oil which is slow infused with 6 organic herbs and love. Helps tattoos heal faster, and itch less. Deeply moisturizes and nourishes old tattoos for a brighter more enhanced tattoo.
- A salve is a natural ointment that is infused with herbs and blended with botanicals to deliver healing, moisture and protection to the skin. Our Tattoo Salve helps new tattoos heal and older tattoos look brighter while avoiding the ingredients that we do not want on our skin and in our bodies.
- Herbal Infused, Synthetic Free, Small batch. Ora’s Amazing Herbal is a small family business that is environmentally, socially, and ethically responsible. Made in the USA. Family owned business.
- No lanolin, aloe, parabens, petroleum, mineral oil, synthetic fragrances, wheat, grain, gluten, dyes. This salve contains essential oils that are beneficial to tattoo healing. If you prefer a salve that is unscented, check out our Touchy Skin Salve or coconut free Calendula Salve.
- Always spot test this and any new product before use on new tattoo. Continue to use as needed after tattoo has healed to help keep skin healthy and tattoo fresh, and for everyday dry or cracked hands and feet, scrapes, bumps, minor burns and bruises.
INK-EEZE Green Glide Tattoo Ointment for Professional Artist
The Original Tattoo Goo in ointment form is the Natural Choice for healing your tattoo fast and for skin that is damaged, chapped, scraped, sun or wind burned from X-Treme sports. This unique formula based with herbs, oils, and vitamins known for their natural healing properties allows the skin to breath and helps to “soothe” the tattoo as it heals. The “original” is non-staining, has a pleasant natural smell, petroleum free, lanolin free, and mineral oil free. Ingredients: Olive oil, beeswax, cocoa butter, wheat germ oil, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), lavendar oil, sunflower oil, rosemary extract, D&C green 6.
- TATTOO OINTMENT act as a healing agent after you have received a tattoo. This healing ointment safeguards your skin and also protects the tattoo from rubbing on your clothes and getting irritated.
- SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED tattooing ointment with vitamins A,C and E along with botanical extracts for use during the application of your new tattoo and as an aftercare product.
- DIRECTIONS: FOR THE ARTIST – Apply as needed during the tattoo application. FOR AFTERCARE – Use sparingly as needed post-tattoo.
- NUMEROUS BENEFITS infused with essential oils, vegan and cruelty free (Not tested on animals, just ourselves), lavender fragrance and Made in USA.
- ABOUT INK-EEZE Our products speak to a new generation of people and artists alike who are passionate about their tattoos and protecting them. We continuously strive to provide top quality products which support and enhance the Tattoo Industry,… and the World.
*As an Amazon Affiliate, Tatto Shops Near Me earns revenue from qualifying purchases that meet the applicable requirements.
Find out where to get your next tattoo
If you are interested in getting your first tattoo or getting the next one, you can check the nearest tattoo shop on our website, you can also use the search engine that we have enabled for you in the main menu. We inform you that in Tatto Shops Near Me we have more than 15 thousand registered tattoo shops.
More articles about the tattoo aftercare in our blog
If you liked the article and want to know more about tattoo care, here is a list of the articles we have written for tattoo aftercare. If you do not find what you are looking for, you can leave the information you need in comments, we will work to publish it as soon as possible and thus resolve your doubts.
Our recomended articles
Here we leave you the most recommended articles on our website. These articles feature amplified information on tattoo care, tattoo designs, areas to get a tattoo, and much more. This section will be updated according to the visits and interactions that occur in them. If you want to recommend any of the articles to appear in recommended, do not hesitate to leave a comment on the chosen article.